UNICORE Core servers 9.0.0 released
Version 9.0.0 of the UNICORE Core Servers is available for download from SourceForge https://sourceforge.net/projects/unicore/files/Servers/Core/9.0.0.
We used this major release to remove a lot of “baggage”, update many of our third party dependencies and make UNICORE simpler to configure and manage. In terms of new features, every UNICORE/X server now comes with workflow processing capability for easily running single-site workflows. Furthermore, support for “interactive computing” via Slurm allocations has been added. Last not least, directly integrating UNICORE with a Keycloak OIDC server for user authentication is now possible.
Visit our new documentation pages at https://unicore-docs.readthedocs.io
- This release requires Java 11
- Workflow processing feature in UNICORE/X (single site workflows)
- Batch system allocation job support (Slurm only, via ‘salloc’)
- Direct support for Keycloak OAuth server for user authentication
- Support PostgreSQL as persistence back-end
- Simplified and harmonized config files
- Remove SOAP/XML endpoints
- Bug fixes