UNICORE 9.2.0 released
Version 9.2.0 of the UNICORE Core Servers and the UNICORE Commandline Client are available for download from SourceForge.
- NEW FEATURE: storages can send/receive files to/from non-UNICORE https servers
- NEW FEATURE: /rest/core/token endpoint for creating an authentication token with configurable lifetime. The token can be limited to the issuing server, and can be made renewable, so a new token can be created using an existing one
- Commandline client improvements
- Updated third-party libs
UNICORE 9.1.2 released
Version 9.1.2 of the UNICORE Core Servers are available for download from SourceForge.
- IMPORTANT BUG FIX: servers could (slowly) run out of memory, especially when using MySQL as database back-end.
- Enhanced notification system with the possibility to get notifications on certain job status changes on the back-end (e.g. Slurm)
We recommend an update for all UNICORE 9.x installations.
UNICORE 9.1.0 released
Version 9.1.0 of the UNICORE Core Servers and the UNICORE Commandline Client are available for download from SourceForge.
- NEW FEATURE: port forwarding / tunneling (read more)
- IMPORTANT BUG FIX: some jobs were already launched without waiting for files from the client
(despite job having ‘haveClientStageIn’: true) due to a JSON parser bug
- Improvement: take requested login node into account also for pre/post processing
- Updated third-party libs
UCC 9.0.0 is available
The latest version 9.0.0 of the UNICORE Commandline Client is available for download from https://sourceforge.net/projects/unicore/files/Clients/Commandline%20Client/9.0.0.
Apart from support for the new features in UNICORE 9.0, such as (single-site) workflow support in every UNICORE/X and Slurm allocations, this release offers cleaner command-line options and a smaller download size. The documentation can be found on unicore-docs.readthedocs.io.
Note that this release requires Java 11 or later!
UNICORE Core servers 9.0.0 released
Version 9.0.0 of the UNICORE Core Servers is available for download from SourceForge https://sourceforge.net/projects/unicore/files/Servers/Core/9.0.0.
We used this major release to remove a lot of “baggage”, update many of our third party dependencies and make UNICORE simpler to configure and manage. In terms of new features, every UNICORE/X server now comes with workflow processing capability for easily running single-site workflows. Furthermore, support for “interactive computing” via Slurm allocations has been added. Last not least, directly integrating UNICORE with a Keycloak OIDC server for user authentication is now possible.
Visit our new documentation pages at https://unicore-docs.readthedocs.io
- This release requires Java 11
- Workflow processing feature in UNICORE/X (single site workflows)
- Batch system allocation job support (Slurm only, via ‘salloc’)
- Direct support for Keycloak OAuth server for user authentication
- Support PostgreSQL as persistence back-end
- Simplified and harmonized config files
- Remove SOAP/XML endpoints
- Bug fixes
UNICORE Core Servers 8.2.0 released
The latest version 8.2.0 of the UNICORE Core Servers is available for download from SourceForge https://sourceforge.net/projects/unicore/files/Servers/Core/8.2.0. It brings a couple of fixes and improvements, and updates many of its third-party dependencies.
UNICORE Core Servers 8.0.4 released
Starting with this release, the UNICORE Core Servers include the the new and updated Workflow service. The Workflow service is now a single, easy-to-configure service, and it is fully REST/JSON based. It makes use of the new notification features in UNICORE/X and is much leaner and faster than before.
You can download Version 8.0.4 of the core servers from SourceForge https://sourceforge.net/projects/unicore/files/Servers/Core/8.0.4
UCC 8.0.2 released
The latest version 8.0.2 of the UNICORE Commandline Client is available for download from https://sourceforge.net/projects/unicore/files/Clients/Commandline%20Client/8.0.2
Apart from a couple smaller improvements, the main new feature in this release is the full support for the brand-new 8.x Workflow service.
UNICORE Core Servers 8.0.0 released
To kick off 2020, we have a new major release of UNICORE. Version 8.0.0 of the core servers are available from SourceForge https://sourceforge.net/projects/unicore/files/Servers/Core/8.0.0
What makes this a major release? First, it brings greatly simplified configuration files, removing “noise” from the config files and making it easier to configure the system. We removed several obsolete and/or unused features. Of course there are also a number of new features such as full RESTful delegation, job status change notification, a simpler and more flexible resource model, as well as many fixes. Detailed information is given in the change log.
UFTP Client 1.0.0 released
The ‘uftp’ client is a convenient and flexible commandline tool for high-performance file transfers using UFTP services. Among many other features, the client allows to use multiple client threads for large files and has support for tar/zip archive data, resulting in high throughput in many usage scenarios. It offers username/password, SSH key and OIDC-based authentication.
The new relase 1.0.0 of the ‘uftp’ client is available as zip, rpm and deb packages from https://sourceforge.net/projects/unicore/files/Clients/UFTP-Client/1.0.0